Seeking Responsible Guardian Family Home
GIDGET - PENDING
GUARDIAN FAMILY REQUIREMENTS
A Guardian Family (GF) receives puppy/dog from Parfait Mischen Goldendoodles designated for the GF program. GF agrees to provide veterinary care for the dog, with regular vet visits. GF is responsible for medical/veterinary care for the dog, for immunizations, heartworm preventative treatments, flea/tick preventative treatments, rabies immunizations and any/all other health care issues, associated costs and recordkeeping. GF is responsible for obedience training. GF agrees to return the dog to Parfait Mischen Goldendoodles for 7-10 days during heat cycle for breeding, and then will take him/her back home. Female GF returns the dog to Parfait Mischen Goldendoodles for delivery of her litter and until puppies are weaned, total time about 6-7 weeks. The GF dog will be bred for a certain number of litters, according to the contract. At the end of the contract period, Parfait Mischen Goldendoodles will pay for spaying/neutering. GF is responsible for all vet costs, food, veterinary treatments and costs just as if the dog were purchased and owned outright by the family.
If at any time the program
does not work out for the GF, Parfait Mischen Goldendoodles will take the dog
back. Until the end of the contract period, the dog belongs to us! After
the end of the contract, the dog is 100% owned by the Guardian Family.
Guardian Family Qualifications
- Previous dog experience
- Must own and live in a home with fully fenced yard
- Must keep the dog on a leash or in fenced area
- Must be willing to train the dog basic obedience commands
- Must ensure the puppy is socialized with humans and other animals
- Must provide appropriate veterinary or emergency care when needed
- Must feed the dog a high-end, grain-free, quality food
- Must be able to identify onset of heat cycle (female GF) and notify breeder
- Must not allow female in heat near intact males. Must not allow male to come in contact with female in heat
- Must not allow female/male to breed with any dog
- Must communicate, cooperate and coordinate with the breeder regarding breeding, whelping and all aspects of dog care.
- Must live within 2 hours (120 +/- miles) from Statesville, NC.